Summer is a great time to read a good book. Relax into a hammock with an old paperback. Read under the hot sun on a nice sandy beach. For school age kids, reading during summer break is crucial. Many libraries offer summer reading programs or other literary related activities. They also provide a confortable enviroment to read in. Below are five great summer reads for older elementary age children.
- Under The Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald
- Ice Whale by Jean Craighead George
- The LIghtning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
- Jake and Lily by Jerry Spinelli